Steering Committee Co-Chairs
Two community leaders will serve as the Steering Committee’s Co-Chairs. These roles are a critical part of the leadership team, who ensure the financial and programmatic success of each conference. The process is most successful when one Co-Chair is very familiar with the host community.
The shared Co-Chair responsibilities include:
• Creating a team environment that is positive, goal-oriented, and cooperative
• Leading the conversations about the committee’s overall goals for the event and program outcomes
• Interviewing, hiring and working with the local Event Coordinator in collaboration with CRC—if selected early enough.
• Creating the agendas and facilitating all meetings of the Steering Committee
• Developing, monitoring, and reporting on the budget, with accountability to the fiscal sponsor and CRC
• Identifying a local fiscal sponsor for the event and serving as signatory on checks, as required
• Securing adequate funding for the event and ensuring additional resources for follow-up activities
• Overseeing the Sub-Committees’ timely accomplishment of tasks